This recipe was created by DemiJohn.
DemiJohn is the World’s First Liqueur Deli, from Scotland.
I had the pleasure to met them in the BBC GoodFood Summer Show.
DemiJohn’s bottles are very characteristic, from glass and they are refillable and a piece of art.
They have Cocktails already prepared and ready to be gifted, as well as different types of Vinegars or oils.
I got these to try out
Lemon Rapeseed oil – Great in grilled Turkey steaks!
Grapefruitcello Liqueur – Limoncello has a new variety, and equally awesome!
Rhubarb Vodka Liqueur – sweet and fresh flavour…a cotton candy for the palate.
Elderflower Vinegar – several uses for this delicate flavour even for a vinegar.
Hold Your Horses Cocktail
This cocktail is orginally from DemiJohn’s kitchen.Frist created during the Badminton Horse Trials in May 2016.
Originally made with Tonic water, I have tried it with Qcumber (a sparkling water with cucumber flavour) and made my own measurements.
I just made my version of it using some different ingredients:
You will need (per glass):
- Tonic Water or Qcumber
- 1 Tbsp Elderflower vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Rhubarb Vodka liqueur
- 2 Tbsp Grapefruitcello liqueur
- fresh juice of 1 lime (1/2 of the the lime per glass)
- In a round glass, add the ice and mix the elderflower vinegar, the rhubarb vodka and the grapefruitcello.
- Mix with a spoon, subtle
- add the Tonic Water or the Qcumber
- add the lime juice