Autumn (or Fall) arrived, warmer than I felt but actually thinking about global warming and so won’t rejoice at that. I do believe that seasons are changing for worse as a result of everyone not respecting Earth…
But to “cure my nerves” regarding that, my awesome box from Degustabox was delivered filled with home goodies to try, and others that I missed eating or drinking them.
The September box was all about homely food with nice surprises.
For those that doesn’t know about Degustabox:
Degustabox is a mystery food Monthly subscription box, full of novelties and goodies. Each month you will try from sweet to savoury, new products in the market that probably you wouldn’t buy, so you can have a try of them.
Discount code for Alejandra’s Life Readers:
Enter the code MXLH1 for a whooping £7 discount on your Degustabox – you will only pay £5.99 for the first box!! You love codes…I know it!
Inside this September Box:
************ RECIPE TIME ************
Portuguese Black Eye Beans with Tuna Salad / For 2 people
You will need:
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can of Black eyed beans (200gr)
- 1 can of Tuna (I used the Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna Steaks)
- olive oil
- white vinegar or lemon juice
- a pinch of garlic powder and Mixed herbs
- Optional: thinly crushed white onions, parleys shredded and mayonnaise.
- Boil the Eggs till hard
- Boil the beans in a bit of water (10 minutes)
- After Beans are cooked, drain and add to a big bow in which you will serve
- Slice the eggs and add to the beans
- Open the tuna can, drain and with a fork, shred them to add them to the beans
- add olive oil, vinegar and other spice and serve either with salad or a bit of white rice… The choices are immense.