The United States Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen, multiple award-winning musician and co-founder of CHIC Nile Rodgers, and Director General of the World Trade Organization Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala were today announced as the latest headline speakers at Reuters NEXT.
They join an impressive and diverse line-up of more than 150 world leaders uniting on December 1-3, which also includes the U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde.
Following the success of the inaugural Reuters NEXT leadership summit in January, the conference will bring together big business and forward-thinking pioneers to address the most critical global issues facing decision-makers in the year ahead across business, society, politics, and the planet.
The line-up also includes:
- Jens Stoltenberg, Secretary General, NATO
- Elvira Nabiullina, Chairwoman, Central Bank of Russia
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chief Executive Officer, Emirates
- Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organisation
- Dan Schulman, CEO, PayPal
- Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO, Klarna
- Anthony Tan, Co-Founder and CEO, Grab
- Nandan Nilekani, Chairman and Co-founder, Infosys
- Merck Mercuriadis, CEO and founder of Hipgnosis Songs Fund
The complete agenda is now available to view here. Led by Reuters editors, the agenda has been carefully curated to address the most critical global issues of the day – bringing together more than 40,000 professionals from over 150 countries to explore five central pillars:
- Policy for progress – exploring how policy can work towards progress for the whole of society.
- Business of growth – discussing how opportunistic businesses are reshaping the way we live, work, travel and bank.
- A sustainable future – examining the coordinated private and public-sector effort still required to ensure climate change is central to every company and country’s policy making.
- Radical redesign – debating how the pandemic has accelerated new ways of living and working.
- A fairer world – bridging income, racial and gender gaps in jobs, healthcare, education, media, culture, and information access
Josh London, Head of Reuters Professional and Reuters CMO, said: “Combining a diversity of voices with extensive global reach, Reuters NEXT is where new ideas and perspectives can truly flourish. We’re excited to bring world leaders and pioneers together again in a forum where global professionals can gain access to exclusive insights, opportunities and innovative solutions to the challenges we face in the year ahead.”
Reuters NEXT is developed in collaboration with Reuters award-winning newsroom and will be broadcast live, with all sessions recorded and made available on-demand to attendees shortly after broadcast.
For more information on the event, visit: https://bit.ly/3CwmizA