It’s Love Lamb Week (1st-7th September and promoted by Simply Beef and Lamb) and for that I decided to cook a wonderful and very easy recipe for the whole family, little and grown ups will love them and being so easy, it’s great for the midweek meals and Quick!
For some, cooking Beef or Lamb might appear to be a hard task but I will show you how easy it is, delicious and that fussy eater that you have at home will ask for more. Rj is going through that period of fussiness and he loved this recipe and asked for: “mo”.
I am always looking for new, easy and quick meal recipes as well as feeding my family with proper food, so I bought meat with Red Tractor mark when I was buying the lamb for the recipe, as this is a way for you to know that is coming from farm to fork!
Lamb Caesar Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Under 20 minutes
4 x 150g/5½oz lean lamb leg steaks, cut into cubes
5ml/1tsp rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Anchovy Dressing:
60ml/4tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Large handful fresh parsley leaves
10ml/2tsp Dijon mustard
Juice of ½ lemon
6 anchovies in oil, drained
For the Salad:
1 large Cos or Romaine lettuce, rinsed and roughly torn
1 x 100g bag prepared bread croutons
1 punnet fresh cress
25g/1oz Parmesan shavings, to garnish
- To prepare the dressing; pour the oil into a food processor or blender. Add the parsley, mustard, lemon juice, 45ml/3tbsp warm water, anchovies and seasoning.
- Mix until you have a smooth sauce. Adjust the seasoning and lemon juice, if required.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or plain frying pan without oil for 2-3 minutes. Brush the lamb cubes with oil, season and cook, tossing occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until any meat juices run clear. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the salad; put all the ingredients in a large bowl with the lamb and any meat juices. Toss gently and drizzle with the anchovy sauce.
- Garnish with the Parmesan and serve immediately.
Tip: The ‘umami’ anchovy sauce really brings out the flavour of the lamb. Give it a try, it definitely won’t taste like fish!
See my video with the recipe