Peace and Quiet, family bonding, Uk weather and lot’s of fun…
This was our experience in Holgates Camping in Silverdale.
- What is Holgates and Where you can find Silverdale,
- What you can expect from this camping site,
- What to take with you,
- The Car I took,
- Some fun stuff to do in Holgates Silverdale Camping,
- What to visit,
- Information and Phone numbers of Holgates Silverdale,
- Artsmum Rating for this Travel and Opinion.
What you can expect from this camping site
- Camping Pods (to rent)
- Statics (caravans parked in plots – static – which can be rented or bought)
- Our static had 2 bedrooms: one is a Suite (and a cot for RJ provided by the Silverdale Park) with it’s own bathroom and TV, and a walk in closet; and the other with Twin beds, perfect for the kids or adults, and with it’s own wardrobe.
- 2 bathrooms (one en suite), all with shower, towel warmers and cabinets.
|All bathrooms with Shower and towel warmer|
- 1 fully fitted kitchen with anything you need to cook and clean (minus food), it even has a wine cooler! You have all kind of crockery and utensils to cook, plates and bowls, cups and glasses, pans and pots, serving trays, toaster, kettle and microwave, knives and boards, and even a dishwasher. You don’t have a washing machine since the park has a laundrette.
- 1 dining area (high chair was provided by Silverdale park) with 4 chairs and placemats for dining (no towels).
- 1 large living room with TV and electric Fireplace (the sofa is a sofa bed if needed). The view from this living room is absolutely gorgeous!
|The fireplace gives a good ambiance to the living room.|
- 1 wooden deck with an exterior eating area with a big table and 6 chairs, so you can enjoy the outside (we had the breakfast outside as well as our meals).
- Us preparing our BBQ (all Happy and Jolly)
- And then this happens…Thank you weather! (we were actually lucky, this only happened once) but still… I needed to have fun (have you seen me on Flipagram?).
What to take with you
This will be the perfect time to bond with your family in the middle of nature, meet new people, eat properly and healthy and make a detox from the internet and social media.
The Car Selected
But still, we needed a confortable for almost a 3 hour trip, and with enough room specially for the baby car seat and 2 teens on the back.Our car for this trip was a BMW 3 series Touring, manual petrol.
|BMW 3 series Touring|
I always had BMWs but this one is a very good car, great to drive and very comfortable.
The back seats are comfortable and has space for the car seat (which I placed in the middle) and the teens were one of each side of the car seat, so everyone on the back can have a nap on the trip.
The space on the Boot space is a plus side.
My pram is huge, is a Quinny, which is a good and comfortable pram, but to travel is one of the biggest pram to take on a Boot (or elsewhere really), still, this Boot took the pram, 2 medium travel cases and several reusable shopping bags.
The Boot is really a good one and for a family of 3 to 5 this car is excellent.
The downside of this Touring, would be the petrol but still (the good side) is that this car on the road (as in Motorway) is economical.
I loved this car… In fact I bought it! Second Hand but I loved it so much I had to have it!.
Excellent performance, comfort, design and practical for a family in daily basis and for Road trips and vacations.
Some fun stuff to do in Holgates Silverdale Camping
- An interior pool (free for residents) – I didn’t took pictures because there were kids in it, and is against my personal opinion to put photos of children in the internet (or at least with their parents consent).
- Supermarket (With fresh bread everyday, newspapers, meat and veg, milk, toys and games – it has everything you need).
- Restaurant and Bar
- Bowling (£20 per lane)
- Arcade (pinball, gaming machines, pool/snooker, etc)
- Interior Play area for Babies and Children
- 2 children’s Park (outside)
- Place for Dogs to stay while you go to the restaurant (only Dogs are permitted in this park and with leash all the time, except for the free zone)
- Free zone (in the back of the park you have a placed where you can walk in the forest and release your dog so he can run)
|This was the Special dishes of the day (they have more plates
on the Menu, this is only the specials)
|Tuna steak with salad (my choice)|
|Penne Pasta with Chicken strips cooked in white wine|
|Horseshoe Gamon with pineapple|
|Lamb Burger with feta cheese|
|Children Menu: Fish and Chips
(very good portion)
Ice cream with blocks of chocolate yummm
What to visit
From the streets of Silverdale and Carnforth, you can visit Lancaster or The Lake District as well, and admire the beautiful views.
|Great Wallpaper isn’t?|
|Me as a happy farmer|
|RJ happy in his wellies and
eating all the strawberries he could
Information and Phone numbers of Holgates Silverdale
|Statics to Rent (some are bought already)
General view of the park interior
|These are some Static models (they are all different inside, so you have several options to choose) that you can buy and then you can choose the Plot in which they will stay.|
Artsmum Rating for this Travel and my Opinion
I really want to go back more times, maybe my little one’s Birthday party will be there, who knows, but I really want to go back.